Saved by the Bell
This book is issued by the United Group- a new proposed bill for practicing political rights, it was developed by a panel formed by the UG and headed by Dr. Shawqy Al-Sayed – attorney at law and Shura council member, in addition to the following members:
- Dr. Gamal Zahran – member of people’s assembly and professor of political science at the University of Suez Canal.
- Dr. Ali Al-Sawy – professor of political science at the faculty of economic and political science – university of Cairo.
- Abdel Ghafar – deputy director of Arab and African research center.
- Essam Eddine Hassan – chief editor of Swaseya magazine- Cairo center for human rights studies.
- Fawzy Hathut- head of Al-qestas association for legal and constitutional rights.
- Osama Kamel- electoral systems expert.
- Negad El-Borai – electoral systems lecturer- diploma of parliamentary studies- faculty of economics and political science – university of Cairo.
The law was discussed in a workshop held at the faculty of economics and political science and with opinions of experts who participated in the workshop. The book was issued in 2007 with the support of International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES).